Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancake Mix

I woke up this morning and wanted pancakes, but was out of my favorite mix!  So I found my motivation, whipped up a batch of mix and thought I'd share it with you (I even remembered to take pictures!).  It's quick, easy, and delicious.  I've slightly modified a recipe I got from a workshop I attended put on by USU.

Put all your ingredients in the biggest bowl you can find.

Mix everything up really well.

It fits perfectly in this 2 quart Rubbermaid plastic container I got at Walmart. 

As soon as I got it mixed up, I whipped up a batch for breakfast!

Yum!  One batch makes about 15 pancakes.

Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancake Mix
8 cups quick cooking or regular oats
4 cups wheat flour
4 cups white flour (or you can use 8 cups of white flour if you want)
2 cups instant non-fat dry milk
4 Tbs. cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbs. salt
6 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. cream of tartar

Mix well and store in air tight container.  If you use the 2 quart container like I do, you'll want to tap the container to so the mix settles.  It may look like it's not all going to fit, but it will!  I taped the mixing directions on my container so I wouldn't have to look it up every time I want to make them. 

Mixing Directions:
In a medium bowl, beat 2 eggs.  Beat in 3 Tbs. canola oil.  Alternately stir in 2 cups of mix and 1 cup water.  Cook on lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat.  When the batter shows broken bubbles, turn the pancakes over.  Makes about 15 pancakes (I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the batter onto the skillet).

No comments:

Post a Comment